Get to know us
“We believed in helping people to help themselves”.
WHO WE ARE
OVERVIEW OF ENVIRONMENT AND FOOD FOUNDATION (E2F)
Environment and Food Foundation (E2F) is a registered apolitical, non religious, non-profit making and non-governmental organization (NGO). The organization’s registration number is 140/G.37/C84/VOLI /SASC.
At E2F we endeavor to achieve our goals through activities that promote sustainable development of communities in Cameroon and beyond. These activities involve strong participation from local communities’ members with the guidance and valuable assistance of E2F’s team members and its volunteers.
Environment and Food Foundation (E2F) envisions communities in Cameroon and beyond wherein every individual has:
- The opportunity to contribute to the socio-economic development of their communities,
- Access to sufficient quantity of affordable nutritious food,
- The right mind set to live in harmony with nature (our blue planet).
Environment and Food Foundation (E2F) has as mission is to promote sustainable use and management of marine and aquatic ecosystems of mangroves, wetlands, lakes, rivers, streams and Oceans through:
- Collection and valoization of marine plastics waste (Closing the loop).
- Conservation of threatened ecosystems and species.
- Conducting research and studies.
- Strengthening the capacity of all stakeholders involved including local communities, fishermen, farmers, government officials and among others.
- Environmental education and awareness raising in communities and schools.
To raise awareness, educate and empower communities on sustainable natural resources management and use, by organizing open surfaced village meetings and free training workshops.
To contribute to minimize problems of food insecurity, deforestation, over fishing, land and water pollution, by involving and working with local communities members.
To alleviate poverty by helping the marginalized groups (orphans, widows, single/teenage mother and unemployed youths) received an innovative education, job training and small business development on sustainable eco-friendly livelihoods.
To promote collaboration/partnership with other national and international organizations of like passion.